Monday, March 28, 2011

Orange Cat is staying & Chase looses teeth

Kaze Reports:

Rufus is staying in our house.  He's apparently the biggest teddy bear cat ever and really cute and blah blah blah.  I am very interested in him BUT he's big so that scares me.  We all get closer to each other and turn our backs and do lots of blinking but I still hiss if he scares me.  Last night I was snuggling with the Lap Lady under her scarf and Rufus jumped up to snuggle and didn't know I was there.  I flipped out and we both took off in different directions.  Today he's spending the morning in the house with me and Latte with no human supervision.....we'll see how this goes.  He spent an hour while the Lap Lady was taking Chase to the vet and it is really cold out on the front porch so she wanted him to stay inside.  Latte is terrified of him but is getting more used to having him around.  He really is Rufus the Dufus though he just does so many weird silly things that make us all laugh.

Chase is at the vet this morning having his teeth cleaned.  He hasn't had a dental done in 9 years (he didn't need one) and they just called the LL and he has to have 2 teeth pulled :(.  They are going to do x-rays to make sure the other teeths are OK but it makes everyone sad he has to loose some teeths.  I guess this really hit home that he is a senior kitty now.  He doesn't act like it at all, and even Latte & I are 5 years old- we aren't kittens anymore.  Rufus is now the baby at 1 1/2 years old.  Time really flies.

12 comments:

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Yes, the Woman realized last summer that I am getting older--9 years old now! Hello my youngster husband Latte!

Rufus is a very lucky cat, but I knew that for awhile... :)!

Good luck Chase--you'll never miss those teeth. Trust me. I've had mine taken out.

Kea said...

Good luck and purrs to Chase. Nicki was three when he had 8 teeth removed in November 2009 and Derry was three when he had 9 teeth removed last June. So to lose only 2 teeth is great.

And we agree: Rufus IS a lucky cat!

-Fuzzy Tales

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Don't worry about those teeth Chase, I had 3 out when I was 7 or 8. I felt much better after and was lots livelier. Mum agrees about getting older before you realise it. She used to call us her Millenium babies because we were born in 2000. We will be 11 years old in 2 weeks time and that makes her sad.Eric.
We are glad that Rufus has moved indoors with you. He sounds lovely and hopefully you will soon all be friends.

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Sorry bout the teeth, Chase. That's a bummer!

Great news about Rufus! He does sound really cute ad we're sure you'll be snuggling with him very soon, pretty girl! And Latte will come around too, doubtless!

Can we have some photos please?

Purrs,
The Chans

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

It really hits home with how fast time flies when our furfriends go off to the RB...a lot of us who have been blogging awhile are now senior kitties, time does move on.
We ARE so happy Rufus is staying!

purrs to Chase.

>^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^<
purrin
xoxox

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

I feel for ya Chase! I just had 3 teeth removed! The worst part was the medicines I had to take. I am still getting some soft foods till my mouth toughens up.

Kaze, we know that you all will come to love Rufus. You will be playing with him in no time and sharing cuddles with him!

Anonymous said...

We're happy Rufus has a forever home! Sophia just turned 13... my little old girl - so I can understand.

Madness, Trouble, Squish and Milkbone said...

You are such nice kitties to let Rufus stay. He is one lucky kitty. Sorry about the teefs Chase. Our Mom wants to squeeze you even harder now.

Just Ducky said...

Glad that Rufus in inside the house. In time you will be OK together. Purrs for Chase losing his tooths.

Max said...

Oh man, poor Chase... I hope getting the teeths yanked out didn't hurt too much...

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We have a suggestion. All of you kitty pile on Rufus ta get used ta him an him used ta YOU!!

Anonymous said...

We're glad Rufus is inside and we sure hope you all get along.
Max is a senior kitty, at 11. G,M&C will all be 6 in a month, and Rascal & Riley are 3 1/2! Seems like only yesterday we were all kittens...