When things can't get any more hectic, leave it to a horse to throw a wrench in the works.
The Woman was getting the whole schedule thing down and such, starting to feel adjusted when.....WHAM....Snap hurt her leg really badly. She has a huge scrape on her leg and it is really swollen. All of this means that after the vet came out, the Woman now has to go take care of Snap after class which means 30 minutes of hand walking and 30 minutes of cold hosing so she doesn't get to start her homework until 9:30. However, it is a slight blessing in disguise because it proved that she does have time to ride and made her get really efficient with case briefing.
Steps our law student has gone through this week:
1. What the??? How am I ever going to understand this let alone get it done on time?????
2. Hmm...this sort of makes sense. I'm starting to see connections.
3. Application to daily life aka SHUT UP with the contract talk already Woman!!
4. Pretty sure she's learned just enough to make her dangerous but not enough to be proficient yet.
5. She's still not exactly comfy with the whole socratic method thing (random calling on people to engage them in conversation) but she has made it through a few times and survived.
6. OMG she is SO the old lady. Right....because at 27 she can say that ::roll eyes::. However, the 22/23 year olds sure do seem eons away from her.
7. OK, one cat can probably fit in my lap with a case book and computer, however, I don't think 2 can make it. Sorry. (We find this rather annoying).
8. She often says things like "what a great picture! too bad I'm burried under my casebook and computer and the camera is in the other room. This, is unacceptable to us.
9. Law school is like high school. The Woman HATED high school. She also has an allergery to sorority chicks.
10. Cat free nights!! I never thought I would hear her utter those words, I thought it was only the Awesome Man who said such things. Apparently she needs to sleep through the night?
11. She gets to help us read blogs at work but at night she just has no time to post for us. We're still working this all out.
12. Words like promissory estoppel and assumpsit have started to actually make sense to her. She looks for consideration in every contract now. Oh and contract is abrevieated "K" in notes because it is too long to type.
13. Most importantly, she has almost survived her second week of a 6 week long class. We think she might actually make it through!